Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Daily Workouts




Well, although Annie in my picture up there looks like it's her that gets the workout while she plays in my spare room (gotta love the bottle babies that pic is actually from last year when I had 4 --- yes 4 bottle babies in the house) it's really me who gets the work out with these guys. I didn't even bother with an excercise 'routine' today. I did feet. Trimming a goat's feet requires dexterity, strength, timing, and prayers that you won't cut off their entire hoof (or one of your fingers). Actually the ones I usually expect to give me trouble, and put my back out of commission were perfect angels today, and the ones that are usually no trouble at all decided to put on a rodeo on the grooming stand. I'm going to ache tomorrow in ways no exercise workout could possibly cause. Hey, for the record, farming is great exercise, anyone want a free 'spa' membership? All you have to do is muck out stalls, cart around 60# hay bales, fight off hungry goats with a loaded grain bucket, and tackle wiggly kids as they attempt to squirm out of your grasp while you try to do any number of fun things like tattooing (added bonus, you will look like you have green gloves on all week from the ink). Apply inside.

No comments: