Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No Time To Blow My Diet

This day started out on a bad note and kept getting worse. First off, the other day I got a high speed Internet connection--yay--but my husband wasn't home to hook up the router and get his laptop on it. No problem, he bought a router while at work, and brought it home with him last night. First thing this morning we hooked it all up and----it didn't work.

So, several hours online with tech support from the Internet company trying to help us set up the router and laptop and---nothing. Now, through the years of computer operation, I've learned one thing, I'm sure the same lesson anyone who has dealt with any type of computer over the years has learned, they are a pain in the butt--but this was areal hair puller. So, the final idea the tech support had was return the router. Perhaps it was faulty.

Sigh. Okay, we returned the router.

While in the store at the checkout counter we hear an announcement for the personwith the Chevy Silverado license plate (something somthing something and a letter). I look at my hubby. Is that us? He shrugged. Neither of us knew the plate number of our truck because we'd only had it ONE MONTH.

There should be a law against anything bad happening to a brand new automoble. There had to be a hundred Chevy Silverado's out there. This is farm country, everyone owns trucks, and that is top choice around here. He looked at me and said, hope the truck didn't get hit. I gave him a wry, yeah right look, but something inside me said, you better go look. So I slid past him as he waited in line and walked out of the store.

Halfway down the parking aisle I saw it. Oh boy, he was NOT going to be happy. I headed back inside and went to the service desk. I said did you just page the owner of the Chevy Silverado, the lady said yes and motioned for a customer standing there who proceeded to proclaim she'd seen who hit our truck. Now of all the bad things, I have to say I'm very thankful that there are kind people still willing to help a stranger in this world. After all, so many people would have seen the accident and just said to themselves, wow, that sucks and kept going. The lady proceeded to give me the license plate number and make and color of the car that hit us. She said she saw them stop after they hit the truck, look at the damage, and then high-tail it out of there. So the cashier behind the service desk called the police, gave them all the info the nice witness got and they came out. While filling out the report, a call came over the radio. The officer answered and spoke a moment, then looked at us, asked us to move up to an empty area of the lot to wait for the person in the other vehicle. The cops had tracked her down and she was on her way back to the parking lot.

Anyway, okay, an hour delay later and we got back home, plugged in the new router--sigh--yep, you guessed it. Still didn't work. So, he brought his laptop into my office and hard plugged into the internet. That worked, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having a wireless laptop. And now, I'm having keyboard issues. No particular key, but any of them seem to occassionally skip as I type, and I have to constantly correct as I type. I'm not going to ask if it could get any worse. On an upnote--yes, I can find a silver lining in anything--

I sure couldn't 'blow' my diet today. I've been too busy running around, and trying to get things working to eat hardly anything.

No comments: