Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time Really Does Fly

So much is going on here at my place that time is just flying by. Old injuries from last fall/winter are healing well, although the back/hip one still gives me trouble, it's not nearly as bad as it had been. A recent fall threatened to re-injure my elbow (yes, yes, I'm a clutz, tripped on a palette unloading hay), and it hurt like it was going to be bad for a day, but then, thankfully went away. That would have sucked becasue that elbow injury last winter was horrible. My mother-in-law has cancer and is going through chemo. She lives an hour and a half away so I can't be of much help to her, but her two daughters that live up in the area don't do a thing at all, leaving all the errands, doctor's trips, and daily care of my MIL to my husband. Luckily he works up in that area so it's not like he has to go from here to there all the time, but it DOES mean he's not here hardly at all right now. It's been hard because this is one of THE most busy times on a farm--spring--new babies. As you can see in the picture, I've been busy, and things are 'jumpin' here with new babies arriving constantly. Doing all the chores, and kidding by myself has been difficult, but I keep telling myself 'this too shall pass', and it will. I'm getting close!!! I am only 9 pounds away from my second goal of 100 pounds lost. I'm WEARING JEANS... A couple weeks ago I was FINALLY able to fit back into a pair of jeans I hadn't been able to wear in over EIGHT years! Rummaging through my closet thurned up 2 more pair, and I haven't worn sweatpants since!!! Oh what a joy such a simple thing is, to be able to wear jeans again. I have also found I can fit into several pairs of dress pants that I hadn't been able to wear in years. So, suffice it to say that although it has been falling off slower than it did in the first few months (lost 75 pounds in 4 months at the start) it HAS been coming off, usually 1 - 2 pounds a week, which although I'd love to have kept up the pace of earlier, I'm thrilled with anyway, and actually know it's safer. I had gone through an almost 2 month plateau and didn't even have my cycle at the time (actually thought I might even be pregnant, went to the doctor and everything, lol--huge sigh of relief wasn't that, haha). The doctor did say that it was probably due to the huge/fast weight loss of those first four months, and that I should just keep doing what I was doing and it would start up again, but I should be more careful and try to take it slower. So I kept at it, and it did finally jump start again, and yes, on it's own gone slower, I'm still doing what I was before. You know though, back a month or so ago I would have complained a lot about going slower, but since I can fit into these jeans, and dress pants, and am daily finding other things I can once again wear, and I'm feeling GREAT about myself and the way things are--while I still want to get to my final goal--I'm fine with it going slowly. :)

No comments: