Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

We're All Big Losers

Okay, before you get the wrong impression (lol) it's not a only lost one pound thread... I did my mid-week weigh in this morning, and after a few weeks 'stuck' at 255 I FINALLY broke that plateau and lost FOUR pounds!!!

Okay, so I'm sure you're asking what I'm belly-aching about, and what the 'one measly pound' title is all about: I'll tell you. I'm ONE POUND.. ONE MEASLY POUND away from my second goal (and half way point to final goal)! Why does it always seem to happen like that. My first goal was to lose 50 pounds... when I weighed in right before that, I was ONE pound away from it, and it took me all week to get rid of that last little pound so i could finally say I'd made my first goal, and lost 50 pounds.

Now here I am, straining to touch that 100 pound mark... it's been slow the last few months--winter, some injuries, etc, but I've been happily going on just feeling good about myself and how much better I feel, and how I can fit into clothes I hadn't been able to wear in years... but aaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhh when I weighed in this morning I was like, omg, I lost four pounds... but eek, why couldn't I have gotten that final pound so I could say YAY, I made my second goal, and I've lost ONE HUNDRED POUNDS!!!

Oh well, lol, next week. :) I read the article on here about the biggest loser and how we can learn lessons from the show. That is my all time favorite show, and I loved the points the article made. It's so true. I think that's why I love the show so much, it validates what I'm going through, and gives me strength seeing what they go through, and that it's not just 'me'. Just like this fabulous place, it helps to know that others stuggle with the same issues, and we can hold each other up through the good, the bad, and the ugly days, and cry and rejoice with each other over the highs and lows of our emotional and physical journies. So hugs to you all, and we're all great BIG LOSERS!!! :)

No comments: